Transportation: We live in Charlotte, NC which is only 7-8 hours from Port Canaveral, depending on the time of day we leave. Most of the time we leave a day or two before the cruise to make sure we make it there on time. Once we stayed at the Radisson at the Port and left our car there with the Stay and Cruise package, which saved us money on parking at the port, but we were on a Back to Back and needed to take things to the car between cruises, so it was slightly inconvenient. All the other times we paid to park at the port.
This is from DCL’s webpage under FAQ’s:
Flying to a departure port? Experience flexibility, convenience and peace of mind when you book air travel through Disney Cruise Line for your upcoming cruise vacation.
The Disney Cruise Line Air Program includes these features and benefits:
- Economy round-trip air transportation
- Peace of mind knowing that if your flight changes due to certain airline-related delays, Disney Cruise Line will take care of the arrangements
- Flexibility to make changes or cancellations to your air reservation without fees up to 90 days prior to the start of your vacation—or even as close as 75 days for select itineraries
- Convenience of not having to pay for your air arrangements until your final cruise payment due date
- Ability to make special requests for upgrades, extended stays and specific airlines or flight itineraries (subject to availability; additional charges may apply)
To add air to your cruise vacation, please call Disney Cruise Line at (877) 566-0967. Guests under 18 years of age must have adult or guardian permission to call.
Please note that the Disney Cruise Line Air Program cannot be added to cruise packages booked by using a Disney Vacation Club Membership.
As of November 8, 2016, the Disney Cruise Line Air Program no longer includes Ground Transfers.
Q. How do I arrange air and/or ground transportation to and from my port of departure?
Please call us to make flight arrangements to and from an airport near your port of departure and, if needed, book any overnight accommodations. For certain itineraries, we offer ground transportation to and from select hotels.
We can also plan your ground transportation from local airports to the embarkation port and get you back to the airport at the end of your cruise.
To discuss specific options for your cruise and travel itinerary, call Disney Cruise Line at (800) 951-3532. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.